Hyped: The Week In Links 1/11/13
On the blog this week we checked out a music vid that featured projection mapped bookshelves, took a close look at Broken Orchestra’s “To A Place” in LAYERS, were wowed by Sterling Crispin’s algorithmic landscapes, and found out how to measure the emotional makeup of a city. We also met Chinese artists UFO Media Lab, pondered why CES just gave us bigger screens instead of more immersive consoles, looked at HEALTH’s score for Max Payne 3, and took a detailed look at FIELD’s “LHC” story in their Energy Flow project.
· Do you know your ABC of architects? And if not, why not? If you’re unsure you can test your skill with this animation The ABC of Architects.
· Behold the most insane, ridiculous, and annoying CES keynote presentation ever.
· Travis Bickle with a smartphone? A homemade iPhone quick-draw contraption means this guy will never miss a call again.
· Meta-metal: Robots play Motörhead’s “Ace of Spades” (above).
· Is the future of tablet devices flexible e-paper? Yes, if PaperTab has its way.